How to edit or remove a user
1. Select “Browse Users” under “User Management”
The simplest way to do this is from the main dashboard (the first screen when you log in). You simply need to click “Browse users” (1) which appears in the section titled “User Management”. You can also access this using the menu on the left-hand side. Click on “User Management” (2) and a menu will drop down. From here, you just need to select “Browse users” (3).
2. Search for the user you wish to edit/remove
This screen will show you all users registered on the system. To search for a user using their name or email address, type this into the search field (1) and ensure “User” is selected from the drop-down menu (2). If you know when they were added to the system, you can narrow your search by entering a “from” and “to” date (3) by clicking the calendar icons and selecting the dates to search between. If you make a mistake at any point, just click “Clear” (4) to reset the options. Once you are happy, click “Search” (5) to see the results.
- You don’t just have to search using name or email address. If you select “Manager” in the drop-down menu (2) and type a name into the search field (1), the results will show all users in the system who have this person as their manager.
- By selecting “Department” from the drop-down menu (2) and entering a department name into the search field (1), your results will give you all users in that department.
- If you want to see a list of deleted users, you can select “Status” in the drop-down menu (2) and type deleted into the search field (1). This search will bring back a list of deleted users.
3. Locate the user and click “edit”
Once you’ve got your search results, you need to locate the person you wish to edit/remove. If you have a long list of results, these may go over more than one page. You can navigate between pages using the navigational arrows (1) to see all the results. Once you have found the person, click “Edit” on their entry (2).
4. Delete user or edit details and save
This will bring up the user’s details. This form is identical to the one that is used for adding users.
Make any changes to the form that are necessary and once you’re done, select “Save” (1) at the bottom of the screen. You will be redirected back to the “Browse users” screen and a message stating “User details have been updated” will show briefly in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
To delete a user, just press the “Delete user” (2) button at the top of their file. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the user and just need to press “Delete” again. You will be redirected back to the “Browse users” screen and a message stating “User details have been deleted” will show briefly in the top right-hand corner of the screen.